Enable AMDGPU for CIK by default

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon Nov 7 07:24:24 UTC 2016

On 07/11/16 03:56 AM, Sandeep wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering when DRM_AMDGPU_CIK would be turned on by default in the
> upstream kernel (or is this upto individual distros?)
>
> Is there any work left to be done/bugs to be fixed before it can be
> enabled by default?

There are still some functional regressions, notably amdgpu doesn't
support HDMI/DP audio yet.

Also, simply enabling DRM_AMDGPU_CIK by default isn't a good solution,
since the radeon driver also still supports the CIK devices, and there's
no good mechanism to choose which driver gets to drive a particular GPU
at runtime.