Question regarding clocks in the DW-HDMI DT bindings

Vladimir Zapolskiy vladimir_zapolskiy at mentor.com
Thu Nov 24 22:16:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 11/25/2016 12:07 AM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Laurent,
>
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 7:16 PM, Laurent Pinchart
> <laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com> wrote:
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> As the author of the DW-HDMI DT bindings this question is addressed to you,
>> but information from anyone is more than welcome.
>>
>> The DT bindings specify two clocks named "iahb" and "isfr" but don't describe
>> them. While I assume that the "isfr" clock corresponds to the "isfrclk" input
>> signal of the DW HDMI, there is no "iahb" clock described in the IP core
>> datasheet.
>
> i.MX6Q has a DW-HDMI IP block.
>
> The names in the devicetree binding matches the ones listed at the
> i.MX6Q Reference Manual - Table 33-1. HDMI Clocks

correct, for your convenience the table is copied below:

Clock name |     Clock Root     | Description
-----------+--------------------+---------------------------------------
   iahbclk  | ahb_clk_root       | Bus clock
   icecclk  | ckil_sync_clk_root | CEC low-frequency clock (32kHZ)
   ihclk    | ahb_clk_root       | Module clock
   isfrclk  | video_27m_clk_root | Internal SFR clock (video clock 27MHz)

Here AHB stands for ARM Advanced High-performance Bus.

By the way while we're discussing DW HDMI bindings specific to iMX,
I would recommend to remove utterly hackish and iMX only "gpr"
property from the example in bindings/display/bridge/dw_hdmi.txt

--
With best wishes,
Vladimir