About the Xserver for rockchip

Heiko Stuebner heiko at sntech.de
Mon Oct 17 07:12:51 UTC 2016

Am Montag, 17. Oktober 2016, 14:45:30 CEST schrieb Randy Li:
> Hello Tomasz:
>   Heiko told me you are in charge of the graphics part of chromium, I
> think I had better told you the developing status of the xorg xserver in
> rockchip.

What I actually said was that Tomasz did the original VPU driver used on
veyron chromebooks, so may be interested in your current work on that :-) .

Also ChromeOS moved from X11 to use Freon instead, so I'm not sure if ChromeOS
cares about that anymore.

> Currently the graphics department released a modification
> version of xserver which would support the libMali, but the way to
> support it is some kind of hacker which disabled the original mesa gl
> support.
> https://github.com/rockchip-linux/xserver/commit/bae12718e76d50d7388a93a251e
> f6777f6ca4850#diff-92a9ba7d51895d2d69c5c893fa0f658dL792
>
>    Since the code base of that is really a mess, I rebase the branch
> rockchip with the xserver branch 1.18 from upstream, it is there
> https://github.com/rockchip-linux/xserver/tree/rockchip-1.18
> But the version I made would omit some pixels when it is drawing, I have
> not found out why.

Didn't Mark do a lot of changes on your xserver, so maybe he knows what might
be going wrong?

Heiko