[GIT PULL FOR v4.12] Renesas R-Car Gen3 DU HDMI support

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Tue Apr 4 15:38:15 UTC 2017

Hi Thierry,

On Tuesday 04 Apr 2017 17:21:47 Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 05:17:44PM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > The following changes since commit
e1b489d207c73e67810659a88c45b8db4bd62773:
> >   Merge tag 'omapdrm-4.12' of
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tomba/linux into drm-next
> > (2017-04-04 05:45:49 +1000)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >   git://linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git drm/next/du
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to 0dda563e571093f309d597cafaf7dd535496ecfb:
> >   drm: rcar-du: Add HDMI outputs to R8A7795 device description (2017-04-04
> >
> > 17:04:21 +0300)
> >
> > Note that the series contains 2 drm-panel patches since I need those to
> > unblock the rest of the rcar-du patches.

> > Jacopo Mondi (1):
> >       drm: rcar-du: Make sure the VSP is initialized on platforms that
> >       need it
> >
> > Koji Matsuoka (3):
> >       drm: rcar-du: Add Gen3 HDMI encoder support
> >       drm: rcar-du: Add DPLL support
> >       drm: rcar-du: Add HDMI outputs to R8A7795 device description
> >
> > Laurent Pinchart (17):
> >       devicetree/bindings: display: Document common panel properties
> >       devicetree/bindings: display: Add bindings for LVDS panels
> >       devicetree/bindings: display: Add bindings for two Mitsubishi panels
> >       drm: Add data transmission order bus flag
> >       drm: panels: Add LVDS panel driver
>
> Can you please add an entry to MAINTAINERS for this. We've had our
> differences about this and the corresponding device tree bindings, but
> it looks as if Rob doesn't have any objections and I've been overruled.
> However, since I don't know where you want to take this I'm not going
> to be able to do a good job maintaining it.

I will do, sorry about missing it.

We certainly have different opinions on some matters related to panels, but
please be assured that I had, and still have, no goal of overruling you for
the sake of it. Some people might call me a utopian, but I believe
collaboration is much better than confrontation :-) I would rather work with
you on improving panel support in the kernel than working against each other.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart