X.org EVoC Ideas

Raghav Jajodia jajodia.raghav at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 17:04:33 UTC 2017

Hi there

I am Raghav Jajodia, an Engineering student from India. While going through
the X.org foundation, I felt that X.org is a great community for new Open
Source developers. I am deeply interested in being a part of the community.
Although, while going through the GSoC and EVoC Ideas, I found that all the
ideas revolve around C, C++, QT or Compilers.

Working extensively on Web, Moile and Desktop applications, I have gained
good experience with Python, JS, PHP, Ruby etc. But I do not have any
experience with C/C++.

So, is not possible for a student to participate in EVoC if he doesn't have
any experience with Open source softwares built on C/C++. Are there any
project ideas using languages apart from C/C++ that a student can work on
for EVoC 17/18?

Thanks