Planned Vega support in Linux

Deucher, Alexander Alexander.Deucher at amd.com
Tue Aug 8 20:30:02 UTC 2017

I'm not quite sure what you are asking.  We released initial open source support for vega10 months ago and it continues to evolve as new SKUs are launched.  It is expected that you can get a complete working stack in open source at launch time for whatever sku you are interested in.  Not all of the patches are upstream, but they are all public.  OpenCL support is provided by the ROCm stack which you can get from the gpuopen site.  Headless boards are supported just fine and have been for years.  If you prefer packaged drivers, you can download the ROCm stack from gpuopen or the pro stack from amd.com.  All stacks build on the same open source kernel driver and other components.

Alex