Planned Vega support in Linux

Kai Wasserbäch kai at dev.carbon-project.org
Tue Aug 8 21:20:45 UTC 2017

Hey Harry,
Harry Wentland wrote on 08.08.2017 22:25:
> upstream kernels currently have only headless support. We're still
> working on getting our display driver accepted upstream but in the
> meantime you can compile it yourself from
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux/?h=amd-staging-4.12. With this
> you should have no issues booting to desktop with whatever displays you got.

can you or somebody else from AMD expand on what is – from your point of view –
missing before you can start upstreaming DAL/DC/display? If possible with a
rough time-frame.
Is there a page with a list of outstanding tasks? Maybe even low-hanging fruit
for new contributors (particularly tasks you haven't started internally so
there's no unnecessary overlap)?

Cheers,
Kai