Planned Vega support in Linux

Harry Wentland harry.wentland at amd.com
Tue Aug 8 20:25:56 UTC 2017

Hi David,

upstream kernels currently have only headless support. We're still
working on getting our display driver accepted upstream but in the
meantime you can compile it yourself from
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux/?h=amd-staging-4.12. With this
you should have no issues booting to desktop with whatever displays you got.

As for the rest of our driver Alex can probably give you a better
picture but I imagine pretty much everything should be working on Vega
on that tree.

Harry