xilinx_drm vblank question

Jean-François Dagenais jeff.dagenais at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 01:26:13 UTC 2017

Hi again!

As I said before, our pipeline is transparent and opaque to the cpu. To
implement vblank, all I have is the xilinx vdma frame counter interrupt. I
was wondering why it was not used in xilinx_drm_crtc_enable_vblank and
rather a specific method for vtc and dp was used.

Wouldn't it be possible to call xilinx_drm_crtc_vblank_handler from the DMA
completion callback (callback member of dma_async_tx_descriptor)?

It would then work regardless of the pipeline (vtc, dp, or custom) wouldn't
it?