[RFC 0/1] drm: Add Grain Media GM12U320 kms driver

Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita marcodiegomesquita at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 16:39:37 UTC 2017

Hi Emil!

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 1:14 PM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> As Daniel mentioned in the earlier thread, factoring out things can be
> done as a follow-up.
> On the other hand, I _think_ that the blocker for this driver that
> it's not doing atomic mode setting.

I've been looking on other small drivers to see how complicated would
it be to use the simple pipe framework. Both mxsfb and tinydrm do
atomic mode setting. It looks like some changes would be needed like
using the cma allocator and calling other specific functions tu do
atomic mode setting.

Can you point to a simple patch that implements one of these "conversions"?