GPU drivers in Linux fedora23 - EDID redundant polling when TV is in standby

Shmuel Weiss weiss.shmuel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 22:19:58 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I need your help to investigate an issue I have with some TV monitor, it
seems like the DRM or i915 is polling the TV EDID at high frequency even if
the TV is in standby.

I need your guidance to diagnose this problem, and to point me to the code
part which is responsible to read the EDID when an Hot Plug is detected and
polling the TV EDID (i2c request over DDC line).

Thanks in advance,

Shmuel Weiss
email: weiss.shmuel at gmail.com