omapfb/dss: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in three functions

Julia Lawall julia.lawall at lip6.fr
Tue Nov 28 09:28:47 UTC 2017

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017, SF Markus Elfring wrote:

> > How many times have I told you to include the reason for
> > your patches in your proposed commit message?
>
> It might be useful to look again.
>

> > Too often.
>
> I answered this feedback to some degree.
>

> > Many people do not know that a generic kmalloc does a
> > dump_stack() on OOM.
>
> This is another interesting information, isn't it?
>
> It is expected that the function “devm_kzalloc” has got a similar property.

You don't have to expect this.  Go look at the definition of devm_kzalloc
and see whether it has the property or not.

> For which hardware and software combinations would you like to see
> facts there?

This is not for Joe to decide, it's for the person who receives the patch
to decide.  You could start with the ones for which the code actually
compiles, using the standard make file and no special options, and a
recent version of gcc.

julia