[RFC 0/7] drm/omap: Module parameter for display order configuration

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 09:56:27 UTC 2017

On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 10:32:11 +0300
Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi at ti.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> The series adds support for changing the order of the displays defined by DT
> display aliases.
>
> The motivation to do such a thing is that for example the fb emulation is
> treating the first display/crtc as the 'main' display and will create the
> fb emulation based on the first display's properties.
> There are many custom applications using DRM directly and they assume that the
> first connector is the 'main' display.
> Afaik weston provides no means either to change the 'main/preferred' display.

Hi,

that's because Weston does not have a concept of main or preferred
display to begin with.

If what you refer to involves running Weston with the fbdev-backend,
then Weston has nothing to do with the issue. Weston only
uses /dev/fb0, whatever that might be and however that might work, as
set up by the kernel.

Thanks,
pq