[RFC 0/7] drm/omap: Module parameter for display order configuration

Tomi Valkeinen tomi.valkeinen at ti.com
Thu Oct 5 10:01:50 UTC 2017

Hi,

Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki. Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki

On 05/10/17 12:56, Pekka Paalanen wrote:

> that's because Weston does not have a concept of main or preferred
> display to begin with.
>
> If what you refer to involves running Weston with the fbdev-backend,
> then Weston has nothing to do with the issue. Weston only
> uses /dev/fb0, whatever that might be and however that might work, as
> set up by the kernel.

No, it's with DRM backend.

If I recall right, the problem is that when you open a window, it opens
on the first display (first DRM connector). Or (again, if I recall
right), if the mouse pointer is on a particular display, then the window
opens there. So no means to say "run this application and put its
windows on the HDMI display".

 Tomi