[git pull] drm for v4.17-rc1

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Apr 3 09:58:17 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 11:15:50AM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> Hi Linus,
>
> This is the main drm pull request for 4.17-rc1.
>
> I'm sending it early because Easter is coming and I'm going to be on
> holidays/have relatives staying for most of the next three weeks.
> I'll be near email for any emergency but otherwise not too engaged.
> I'll likely have two days back before the end of the merge window
> to vaccum up any fixes. Cannonlake and Vega12 support are probably the
> two major things. This pull lacks nouveau, Ben had some unforseen
> leave and a few other blockers so we'll see how things look or maybe
> leave it for this merge window.
>
> I'm off to eat my weight in chocolate.

Droppping down to dri-devel.

I've had some great fun with scripting maintainer statistics recently. One
thing I've done is looking at patches committed by the author themselves
(= stuff pushed by maintainers/committers), and how much formal
reviews/acks there are.

Overall we're doing a fairly decent job, with 80+% of these patches
reviewed. Big drivers (i915 and amdgpu) do a pretty much perfect job, as
does everyone who's part of the drm-misc group. But the in-between drivers
less so. And given that everyone else has to go through mandatory reviews
(less than 50% of all patches are merged by maintainers/committers, even
in drm) I don't see why maintainers should be special and can skip review.

Also, most of the drivers where review doesn't consistently happen are
developed by groups, so not hard to find a suitable review. Anyway, below
the stats of unreviewed maintainer patches for this pull here.

I think some drivers we could perhaps stuff into drm-misc, others should
probably move to grou maintainership of some form.

Cheers, Daniel

Alex Deucher (2):
      Revert "drm/radeon/pm: autoswitch power state when in balanced mode"
      drm/amdgpu: add documentation for amdgpu_device.c

Dave Airlie (1):
      drm/amd/pp: fix missing CONFIG_ACPI.

Frank Rowand (4):
      of: change overlay apply input data from unflattened to FDT
      of: Documentation: of_overlay_apply() replaced by of_overlay_fdt_apply()
      of: convert unittest overlay devicetree source to sugar syntax
      of: improve reporting invalid overlay target path

Joonas Lahtinen (5):
      drm/i915: Update DRIVER_DATE to 20180207
      drm/i915: Update DRIVER_DATE to 20180214
      drm/i915: Update DRIVER_DATE to 20180221
      drm/i915: Update DRIVER_DATE to 20180305
      drm/i915: Update DRIVER_DATE to 20180308

Liviu Dudau (5):
      drm/mali-dp: Rotated planes need a larger pitch size.
      drm/mali-dp: Align pitch size to be multiple of bus burst read size.
      drm/mali-dp: Don't enable scaling engine for planes that only rotate.
      drm/mali-dp: Fix malidp_atomic_commit_hw_done() for event sending.
      drm: mali-dp: Turn off CRTC vblank when removing module.

Lucas Stach (17):
      drm/etnaviv: don't fail to build on arches without PHYS_OFFSET
      drm/etnaviv: add missing major features field to debugfs
      drm/etnaviv: hook up DRM GPU scheduler
      drm/etnaviv: move dependency handling to scheduler
      drm/etnaviv: lock BOs after all other submit work is done
      drm/etnaviv: replace hangcheck with scheduler timeout
      drm/etnaviv: use correct format specifier for size_t
      drm/etnaviv: split out and optimize MMU fault dumping
      drm/etnaviv: add support for slave interface clock
      drm/etnaviv: update hardware headers from rnndb
      drm/etnaviv: add more minor features fields
      drm/etnaviv: add hardware database
      drm/etnaviv: add security handling mode enum
      drm/etnaviv: handle security states
      drm/etnaviv: add function to load the initial PTA state
      drm/etnaviv: add PTA handling to MMUv2
      drm/etnaviv: bump HW job limit to 4

Oded Gabbay (1):
      drm/amdkfd: add missing include of mm.h

Rob Clark (8):
      drm/msm: add a5xx specific debugfs
      drm/msm: add sudo flag to submit ioctl
      drm/msm: strip out msm_fence_cb
      drm/msm/dsi: fix direct caller of msm_gem_free_object()
      drm/msm/mdp5: rework CTL START signal handling
      drm/msm/mdp5: print a bit more of the atomic state
      drm/msm/mdp5: add missing LM flush bits
      drm/msm/mdp5: don't pre-reserve LM's if no dual-dsi

Thierry Reding (8):
      drm/tegra: gem: Reshuffle declarations
      drm/tegra: gem: Make __tegra_gem_mmap() available more widely
      drm/tegra: fb: Implement ->fb_mmap() callback
      drm/tegra: plane: Support format modifiers
      drm/tegra: fb: Properly support linear modifier
      drm/tegra: hub: Use private object for global state
      drm/tegra: gem: Map pages via the DMA API
      drm/tegra: prime: Implement ->{begin,end}_cpu_access()

Thomas Hellstrom (1):
      drm/vmwgfx: Bump version patchlevel and date

Tomi Valkeinen (11):
      drm/omap: reorganize locking in mgr_fld_write
      drm/omap: acx565akm:  use __be32 when reading status
      drm/omap: fbdev: use 'screen_buffer' field
      drm/omap: fbdev: avoid double initializer entry
      drm/omap: set WB channel-in in wb_setup()
      drm/omap: fix WBDELAYCOUNT for HDMI
      drm/omap: fix scaling limits for WB
      drm/omap: add writeback funcs to dispc_ops
      drm/omap: fix maximum sizes
      drm/omap: fix compile error when debugfs is disabled
      drm/omap: fix compile error when DPI is disabled
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation