[git pull] drm for v4.17-rc1

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Apr 3 10:01:02 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 11:58 AM, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 11:15:50AM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
>> Hi Linus,
>>
>> This is the main drm pull request for 4.17-rc1.
>>
>> I'm sending it early because Easter is coming and I'm going to be on
>> holidays/have relatives staying for most of the next three weeks.
>> I'll be near email for any emergency but otherwise not too engaged.
>> I'll likely have two days back before the end of the merge window
>> to vaccum up any fixes. Cannonlake and Vega12 support are probably the
>> two major things. This pull lacks nouveau, Ben had some unforseen
>> leave and a few other blockers so we'll see how things look or maybe
>> leave it for this merge window.
>>
>> I'm off to eat my weight in chocolate.
>
> Droppping down to dri-devel.
>
> I've had some great fun with scripting maintainer statistics recently. One
> thing I've done is looking at patches committed by the author themselves
> (= stuff pushed by maintainers/committers), and how much formal
> reviews/acks there are.
>
> Overall we're doing a fairly decent job, with 80+% of these patches
> reviewed. Big drivers (i915 and amdgpu) do a pretty much perfect job, as
> does everyone who's part of the drm-misc group. But the in-between drivers
> less so. And given that everyone else has to go through mandatory reviews
> (less than 50% of all patches are merged by maintainers/committers, even
> in drm) I don't see why maintainers should be special and can skip review.
>
> Also, most of the drivers where review doesn't consistently happen are
> developed by groups, so not hard to find a suitable review. Anyway, below
> the stats of unreviewed maintainer patches for this pull here.
>
> I think some drivers we could perhaps stuff into drm-misc, others should
> probably move to grou maintainership of some form.

Aside, here's the list of top non-maintainer commits. Short summary is
that AMD really should switch to a group maintainer model, but e.g.
Laurent should probably become co-maintainer in some areas too ...
Below the sorted list of people who didn't push their own patches, cut
off at 10.
-Daniel

   119  Christian König
   117  Rex Zhu