[amdgpu][tahiti xt] cursor motion smoothness

sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 14:04:14 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 11:29:19AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On 2018-07-02 11:24 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > On 2018-07-01 02:52 PM, sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I noticed that when my monitor runs at 60Hz, the cursor motion is really not
> >> smooth, even at low speed (it starts to be smooth at low speed when my monitor
> >> runs at 120/144Hz). Is there a way to improve this at the hardware level or is
> >> this a xserver issue?
> >> (I run everything git no older than 1/2 week/s).
> >
> > If you have DC enabled, does disabling it (amdgpu.dc=0) help?
>
> Never mind, I missed that it's about Tahiti, which DC doesn't support.
>

> Please share the corresponding Xorg log file.
>
> What exactly does "not smooth" mean?

I meant cursor motion is very blury, enough I can loose its location on the
screen. And for instance, while moving the dota2 map with the grab method, at 60Hz
it looks like moving the dota2 map at a sub-30Hz with some lag.

At 120/144Hz, cursor motion is way less blury, and dota2 map motion is smooth
with the grab method.

--
Sylvain