[amdgpu][tahiti xt] cursor motion smoothness

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon Jul 2 14:22:47 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-02 04:04 PM, sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 11:29:19AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

>>> If you have DC enabled, does disabling it (amdgpu.dc=0) help?
>>
>> Never mind, I missed that it's about Tahiti, which DC doesn't support.
>>

>> Please share the corresponding Xorg log file.
>>
>> What exactly does "not smooth" mean?
>
> I meant cursor motion is very blury, enough I can loose its location on the
> screen.

I'm afraid I'm still not sure what "blurry motion" means exactly.

Is the behaviour different with the Xorg modesetting driver and/or the
radeon kernel driver?

> And for instance, while moving the dota2 map with the grab method, at 60Hz
> it looks like moving the dota2 map at a sub-30Hz with some lag.

Sounds like maybe DOTA doesn't use the X11 cursor (which would end up
using the HW cursor), but renders the cursor as part of its scene.

Can you share the corresponding dmesg output and Xorg log file?