[amdgpu][tahiti xt] cursor motion smoothness

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon Jul 2 16:43:48 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-02 05:28 PM, sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 04:22:47PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
>> Sounds like maybe DOTA doesn't use the X11 cursor (which would end up
>> using the HW cursor), but renders the cursor as part of its scene.
>
> Probably, but it happens only at 60Hz.

Unless DOTA runs steadily at >= 60 Hz, there will sometimes be >= 33 ms
between consecutive visible mouse cursor positions. This is
correspondingly lower at higher refresh rate.

> hum... the log was filtered out somewhere...

FWIW, I think I saw a bounce e-mail mentioning attachments being
filtered due to them having multiple file name extensions.

(BTW, it looks like your mailer gets confused by my name or e-mail
address as well)

> Sending the logs as direct email to your personal email box.

Does using xf86-input-libinput instead of xf86-input-evdev help?