[amdgpu][tahiti xt] cursor motion smoothness

sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 15:28:11 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 04:22:47PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> I'm afraid I'm still not sure what "blurry motion" means exactly.

Like the mouse cursor location is updated very slowly, and that, only at 60Hz.
(in dota2, it looks like sub-30Hz with lag).

> Is the behaviour different with the Xorg modesetting driver and/or the
> radeon kernel driver?

I don't know, I would need to setup these and test (my custom distro is made
for amdgpu).

> Sounds like maybe DOTA doesn't use the X11 cursor (which would end up
> using the HW cursor), but renders the cursor as part of its scene.

Probably, but it happens only at 60Hz.

hum... the log was filtered out somewhere... Sending the logs as direct email to
your personal email box.

--
Sylvain