First step towards unpinned DMA-buf operation.

Christian König ckoenig.leichtzumerken at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 14:10:59 UTC 2018

[As requested by Daniel cross posting to intel-gfx as well].

This set is the first step towards allowing to use a DMA-buf without actually pinning the underlying resources. This in turn the the ground work for PCIe P2P operations as well as quite a bunch of other use cases.

The idea is that we build the support for unpinned operation around the already present reservation lock in the DMA-buf object. For this we now grab the reservation object lock while mapping and unmapping DMA-bufs.

The down side is that all implementations as well as users of DMA-buf needs to be audited to make sure that we don't run into double locking or lock inversions.

So please test and/or comment and report back how badly lockdep complains :)

Thanks,
Christian.