DRM Inquiry

John Sledge john_sledget at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 10:57:01 UTC 2018

 Hi Jani,
I was able to update my kernel to 4.6 which has the DRM_DP_AUX_CHARDEV in the Kconfig file linux-4.6\drivers\gpu\drm. Though I also add DRM_DP_AUX_CHARDEV=y in  kernel config. When invoke uname -r, I could see that the kernel is now 4.6.
How can I verify the DRM_DP_AUX_CHARDEV takes effect or got configure it correctly?
It still unclear to me how to follow what you mean by using DRM DP AUX interface and getting /dev/drm_dp_auxN node(s) that allows me to read and write arbitrary DPCD offsets.
Please have comments and advice.
Regards,John