RFC: Run a dedicated hmm.git for 5.3

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Thu Jun 6 19:53:34 UTC 2019

Hi Jason,

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 15:25:49 +0000 Jason Gunthorpe <jgg at mellanox.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 04:12:47PM -0300, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> > > Sure.  Please take care not to permit this to reduce the amount of
> > > exposure and review which the core HMM pieces get.
> >
> > Certainly, thanks all
> >
> > Jerome: I started a HMM branch on v5.2-rc2 in the rdma.git here:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rdma/rdma.git
> > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rdma/rdma.git/log/?h=hmm
>
> I did a first round of collecting patches for hmm.git
>
> Andrew, I'm checking linux-next and to stay co-ordinated, I see the
> patches below are in your tree and now also in hmm.git. Can you please
> drop them from your tree?
>
> 5b693741de2ace mm/hmm.c: suppress compilation warnings when CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE is not set
> b2870fb882599a mm/hmm.c: only set FAULT_FLAG_ALLOW_RETRY for non-blocking
> dff7babf8ae9f1 mm/hmm.c: support automatic NUMA balancing
>
> I checked that the other two patches in -next also touching hmm.c are
> best suited to go through your tree:
>
> a76b9b318a7180 mm/devm_memremap_pages: fix final page put race
> fc64c058d01b98 mm/memremap: rename and consolidate SECTION_SIZE
>
> StephenR: Can you pick up the hmm branch from rdma.git for linux-next for
> this cycle? As above we are moving the patches from -mm to hmm.git, so
> there will be a conflict in -next until Andrew adjusts his tree,
> thanks!

I have added the hmm branch from today with currently just you as the
contact.  I also removed the three commits above from Andrew's tree.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell
sfr at canb.auug.org.au