Cleanup of -Wunused-const-variable in drivers/gpu/drm/msm/disp/dpu1/dpu_formats.c

Nick Desaulniers ndesaulniers at google.com
Fri Jun 14 18:55:52 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:50 PM Sean Paul <sean at poorly.run> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 4:13 PM Nathan Huckleberry <nhuck at google.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I'm looking into cleaning up ignored warnings in the kernel so we can
> > remove compiler flags to ignore warnings.
> >
> > There are several unused variables in dpu_formats.c
> > ('dpu_format_map_tile', 'dpu_format_map_p010',
> > 'dpu_format_map_p010_ubwc', 'dpu_format_map_tp10_ubwc').
> > They look like modifiers that were never implemented. I'd like to
> > remove these variables if there are no plans moving forward to
> > implement them. Otherwise I'll just leave them.
>
> We can probably remove them for now and if someone wants to add
> support, they can dredge them back up.

Yep, this has been the feedback for other patches for this warning
when the code was dead or not obviously some kind of
bug/typo/copy-pasta.

Nathan, please submit a patch removing the dead code; it may be
reverted later when it's actually wired up.  Nothing is truly lost w/
git*.
--
Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers