[PULL] topic/hdr-formats

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 17:52:13 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-03-11 at 12:19 +0100, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Op 07-03-2019 om 18:12 schreef Adam Jackson:
> > On Thu, 2019-03-07 at 10:48 +0100, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> > > Hi Sean and Joonas,
> > >
> > > Here's a pull request for HDR format enabling in i915. Can this be pulled to drm-misc-next and dinq?
> > Could you also add Kevin Strasser's patch for FP16 formats? For that
> > matter I'd like to see FP32 added too, but I don't think there's been a
> > patch sent for that yet.
>
> Added kevin to CC.
>
> Is the mesa side considered completely reviewed then?

Is that strictly necessary for just adding a fourcc? I get wanting to
see a real userspace consumer first, but this is just allocating some
magic numbers not promising that a certain ioctl behaves a certain way.

That said, I did say r-b for the Mesa series as a whole. Daniel Stone
had some comments on 13/13 that made it sound like it (that specific
patch) was unnecessary/undesirable, but everything before that looked
great to me, and even if we only merged the first 12 we'd still have
FP16 wired through for the gbm EGL platform, meaning HDR scanout could
actually be a thing.

- ajax