Missing Thunderbolt 3 PCI-E atomics support

Mika Westerberg mika.westerberg at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 14 17:40:34 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 06:26:00PM +0100, Timur Kristóf wrote:
> I know atomics is a PCIe feature, but in this case the PCIe goes
> through TB3, so I would assume it has something to do with it.

Does it work if you plug the graphics card directly to the PCIe slot?

> Here is the output of 'lspci -vv':
> https://pastebin.com/Qt5RUFVc

The root port (1c.4) says this:

      DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range ABC, TimeoutDis+, LTR+, OBFF Not Supported ARIFwd+
	   AtomicOpsCap: Routing- 32bit- 64bit- 128bitCAS-

Not knowing much about AtomicOps but to me this looks like the root port
does not support the feature.