Missing Thunderbolt 3 PCI-E atomics support

Timur Kristóf timur.kristof at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 17:54:21 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-03-14 at 19:40 +0200, Mika Westerberg wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 06:26:00PM +0100, Timur Kristóf wrote:
> > I know atomics is a PCIe feature, but in this case the PCIe goes
> > through TB3, so I would assume it has something to do with it.
>
> Does it work if you plug the graphics card directly to the PCIe slot?

There is no PCIe slot in which I could plug the graphics card.
At least I'm not aware of there being one on this laptop.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

> > Here is the output of 'lspci -vv':
> > https://pastebin.com/Qt5RUFVc
>
> The root port (1c.4) says this:
>
>       DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range ABC, TimeoutDis+, LTR+, OBFF
> Not Supported ARIFwd+
> 	   AtomicOpsCap: Routing- 32bit- 64bit- 128bitCAS-
>
> Not knowing much about AtomicOps but to me this looks like the root
> port
> does not support the feature.

What kind of output should lspci show if the feature were supported?

As far as I understand the root port is integrated in the CPU, or in
the chipset maybe? It says it's a Sunrise Point-LP, and I googled it
but was unable to find a spec sheet.

Thanks,
Tim