[git pull] drm for 5.8-rc1

Karol Herbst kherbst at redhat.com
Tue Aug 4 08:58:47 UTC 2020

Hi James,

I don't know if you knew, but on the Jetson nano we had the issue for
quite some time, that GLX/EGL through mesa on X was broken due to some
fix in mesa related to modifiers.

And I was wondering if the overall state just caused the issue we saw
here and wanted to know what branches/patches I needed for the various
projects to see if the work you have been doing since the last
upstream nouveau regression would be of any help here?

Mind pointing me towards everything I'd need to check that?

I'd really like to fix this, but didn't have the time to investigate
what the core problem here was, but I think it's very likely that a
fixed/improved modifier support could actually fix it as well.
Alternately I'd like to move to kmsro in mesa as this fixes it as
well, but that could just be by coincidence and would break other
devices..

Thanks