Question about sRGB framebuffer support

Artem Mygaiev joculator at gmail.com
Tue May 5 10:24:16 UTC 2020

Hello all

I am currently working on DRM/KMS driver for Fresco Logic FL2000 USB display
controller [1]. I have already implemented a POC driver [2] which is working for
me, although there are still plenty of things to improve or fix, of course.

So far I have one thing that I somehow cannot find in DRM/KMS documentation or
existing drivers: how to tell the system that HW expects sRGB (i.e. non-linear)
color encoding in framebuffers? This is a HW limitation that I cannot influence
by configuration.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

[1] www.frescologic.com/product/single/fl2000
[2] https://github.com/klogg/fl2000_drm