Question about sRGB framebuffer support

Sam Ravnborg sam at ravnborg.org
Tue May 5 19:03:36 UTC 2020

Hi Artem.

On Tue, May 05, 2020 at 01:24:16PM +0300, Artem Mygaiev wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I am currently working on DRM/KMS driver for Fresco Logic FL2000 USB display
> controller [1]. I have already implemented a POC driver [2] which is working for
> me, although there are still plenty of things to improve or fix, of course.
>
> So far I have one thing that I somehow cannot find in DRM/KMS documentation or
> existing drivers: how to tell the system that HW expects sRGB (i.e. non-linear)
> color encoding in framebuffers? This is a HW limitation that I cannot influence
> by configuration.
>
> Any pointers are greatly appreciated.
No clue, I hope others can help you.

> [1] www.frescologic.com/product/single/fl2000

> [2] https://github.com/klogg/fl2000_drm
I just visited your github site - and noticed you are using the
it66121 bridge.

Phong LE <ple at baylibre.com> have recently submitted a patch to
add this bridge to the kernel:
https://lore.kernel.org/dri-devel/20200311125135.30832-1-ple@baylibre.com/

I did not really looks at your code, awaits that you feel ready to submit
it.
	Sam