Adaptive Sync enabling in Xorg Modesetting driver

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon May 25 16:19:35 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-25 4:58 p.m., uday kiran pichika wrote:
> Thanks Michel..
>
> sorry if my description is not clear.
> Yes I have used with glxgears in fullscreen mode and also a simple glxapp
> which actually opens in fullscreen by default.
>
> In both the cases, the issue is same.
>
> Just wanted to know if AMD has done anything different apart from the
> configurations either in MESA or in its Radeon driver ?

The code you can see in xf86-video-amdgpu and Mesa is working for lots
of people, most of them outside of AMD.

I think I've spotted one bug in your changes, in ms_present_check_unflip:

    if (ms->drmmode.sprites_visible > 0)
        ms->flip_window = window;

ms_present_check_flip has:

    if (ms->drmmode.sprites_visible > 0)
        return FALSE;

    return ms_present_check_unflip(crtc, window, pixmap, sync_flip, reason);

So the condition can never be true in ms_present_check_unflip, and it
never updates ms->flip_window.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer               |               https://redhat.com