[git pull] drm/vmwgfx fixes for 5.12-rc8

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Wed Apr 21 19:02:26 UTC 2021

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 7:00 PM Zack Rusin <zackr at vmware.com> wrote:

> On 4/17/21 7:02 PM, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > Hi Zack,
> >
> > Please make sure to always cc dri-devel and/or Daniel on these so if
> > I'm away they don't get lost, but also so that they make it into
> > patchwork for processing.
> >
> > If you have a chance can you resend it, I'll see if we can process
> > this out of band and get it to Linus before release.
> Hi, Dave.
>
> Thank you! I just noticed that you've sent it out. Would you still like me to resend it through dri-devel? The patches all went through dri-devel already, I just assumed that from dri-misc docs that drm-misc-fixes wouldn't be merged again until after 5.13 was out which is why I went directly.

drm-misc-fixes will get pulled into the merge window when it misses
the last release (which would be 5.12). drm-misc-next-fixes is the
special branch which is for fixes during the merge window time, for
issues in drm-next (so for 5.13).

I know that ideally maintainters would just cherry-pick bugfixes to
the right release branch (like on mesa or xserver or well any other
reasonable project), but since drm-misc is volunteer run committers
need to pick the right branch. But aside from that drm-misc is always
open for bugfixes (and also always open for feature work).
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation