[GIT PULL] ib-drm-gpio-pdx86-rtc-wdt-v5.12-1

Andy Shevchenko andy.shevchenko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 20:54:14 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 8:33 PM Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 1/26/21 6:14 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 6:55 PM Patrik Jakobsson
> > <patrik.r.jakobsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Right, there's still Oaktrail / Moorestown with hardware in the wild.
> >
> > Actually Moorestown had to be removed a few years ago (kernel won't
> > boot on them anyway from that date when Alan removed support under
> > arch/x86 for it).
> >
> > I'm talking about Merrifield and Moorefield that can utilize it and
> > also some other platforms that are not SFI based (Cedar something...
> > IIRC).
>
> Yes at least there are some 64 bit capable SoCs with GMA500 which were
> used in NAS like devices. These NAS-es actually have a VGA output
> (and maybe also DVI?) which is attached to the GMA500.

Since you are talking about 64-bit, definitely they are *not*
Moorestown, Medfield, Clovertrail since the mentioned never were
64-bit. But it would be nice to see the CPU model number to be sure.

> I know people are running Fedora on these, so we should at least keep
> these supported.

Is it possible to gather the CPU model number from them? (Or at least
the exact device/box name)

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko