[GIT PULL] ib-drm-gpio-pdx86-rtc-wdt-v5.12-1

Patrik Jakobsson patrik.r.jakobsson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 23:19:17 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 9:53 PM Andy Shevchenko
<andy.shevchenko at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 8:33 PM Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On 1/26/21 6:14 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:

> > > Actually Moorestown had to be removed a few years ago (kernel won't
> > > boot on them anyway from that date when Alan removed support under
> > > arch/x86 for it).

Ok. I lump Moorestown and Oaktrail together since they have the same
Z6xx series CPU/GPU (GMA600). I still have a working Oaktrail device
so that support should stay in gma500.

> > > I'm talking about Merrifield and Moorefield that can utilize it and
> > > also some other platforms that are not SFI based (Cedar something...
> > > IIRC).
> >
> > Yes at least there are some 64 bit capable SoCs with GMA500 which were
> > used in NAS like devices. These NAS-es actually have a VGA output
> > (and maybe also DVI?) which is attached to the GMA500.

Yes these should be Cedarview/Cedartrail. Some of them are 64-bit and
some are 32-bit. I think it came down to if bios enabled it or not.
Cedarview comes with VGA, DVI and eDP/DP. Quite a few Cedarview
devices exist in the wild.

> Since you are talking about 64-bit, definitely they are *not*
> Moorestown, Medfield, Clovertrail since the mentioned never were
> 64-bit. But it would be nice to see the CPU model number to be sure.
>
> > I know people are running Fedora on these, so we should at least keep
> > these supported.
>
> Is it possible to gather the CPU model number from them? (Or at least
> the exact device/box name)

Yes, it would be interesting to know more about Clovertrail. gma500
only supports up to the Cedarview GPUs but Clovertrail might also use
a Cedarview GPU.

-Patrik