Enabling sample_c optimization for Broadwell GPUs

André Almeida andrealmeid at collabora.com
Tue May 4 23:07:14 UTC 2021

Hi there,

While browsing an old downstream kernel, I found a patch[0] that enables
sample_c optimizations at Broadwell GPUs. The message from the upstream
commit that enables it for Haswell[1] (and presumably where the code
at[0] was copied from) states that "[..] later platforms remove this
bit, and apparently always enable the optimization".

Could you confirm that Broadwell and following architectures enable this
optimization by default (and thus, patch[0] is a no-op), or should I
upstream it?

Thanks,
	André

[0]