Enabling sample_c optimization for Broadwell GPUs

Rodrigo Vivi rodrigo.vivi at intel.com
Wed May 5 10:16:53 UTC 2021

Hi Andre,

I'm not familiar with the sample c message optimization.
Probably Ken can comment.

However I could check the internal spec here and I saw this bit
only exists with this meaning in Haswell.

For all the other platforms, including Broadwell it got re-purposed with
a different meaning and a programming note:
"This bit should be programmed to zero (0h) at all times."

Also, I could not find any workaround documented anywhere recommending
this bit to be set.

So, I would not recommend to use it in any product, even downstream.
Regardless the state of sample c message optimization in later platforms.

Thanks,
Rodrigo.