ttm_bo_move_sync_cleanup() issue

Matthew Auld matthew.william.auld at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 16:01:27 UTC 2022

Hi Christian,

We seem to be hitting a new issue in ttm_bo_move_sync_cleanup(), due
to passing a NULL fence, and I guess with some recent changes this is
now blowing up in at least dma_resv_add_fence(). Question is how
should we handle this? Should we add a special case in
ttm_bo_move_accel_cleanup() in case of NULL fence, and then maybe just
always call ttm_bo_wait_free_node() and also skip the add_fence? Or
maybe this case should rather be moved into the driver, and handled
with something along the lines of ttm_bo_move_null()? Any thoughts
here?