[git pull] drm for 5.20/6.0

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Aug 4 02:46:58 UTC 2022

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 10:38 PM Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a conflicty one. The late revert in 5.19 of the amdgpu buddy
> allocator causes major conflict fallout. The buddy allocator code in
> this one works, so the resolutions are usually just to take stuff from
> this. It might actually be cleaner if you revert
> 925b6e59138cefa47275c67891c65d48d3266d57 (Revert "drm/amdgpu: add drm
> buddy support to amdgpu") first in your tree then merge this.

Ugh, what a pain. The other conflicts are also due to just randomly
duplicated commits, with *usually* your drm tree having the superset
(so "just take yours" is the easy resolution), but not always (ie the
Intel firmware-69 mess was apparently not dealt with in the
development tree).

Nasty.

I think I have it resolved, am still doing a full build test, and will
then compare against what your suggested merge is.

              Linus