[git pull] drm for 5.20/6.0

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Aug 4 03:16:04 UTC 2022

On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 7:46 PM Linus Torvalds

> I think I have it resolved, am still doing a full build test, and will
> then compare against what your suggested merge is.

Hmm.

I end up with *almost* the same thing.

Except I ended up with a

        select DRM_BUDDY

for the DRM_AMDGPU config entry, and you don't have that.

I *think* my version is correct, in that clearly the amdgpu driver now
uses that buddy logic (just doing a random "grep drm_buddy_block" to
see).

But this was messy enough to resolve that I think people should
double-check my end, and maybe I just got confused at some point in
the process.

And while I seem to have gotten the same result as you did on the i915
firmware side too, again, I'd like people to re-verify.

                       Linus