How do I gather up new code to be converted as patches?

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Wed Jun 22 17:18:58 UTC 2022

Hi,

I spent about 2 days trying to figure this out, but I guess not a lot of people do this, so I was not able to find a good example somewhere on the Internet.
How to I use git to gather up new code to be converted to patches?
Specifically, I have 20+ new files in one location (drivers/gpu/drm/via) and a small change to DRM main make file (drivers/gpu/drm/Makefile).
If someone can tell me how to do this, I will post the work on dri-devel.

Regards,

Kevin Brace
Brace Computer Laboratory blog
https://bracecomputerlab.com