[igt-dev] Must-Pass Test Suite for KMS drivers

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Mon Nov 7 10:26:57 UTC 2022

On Mon, 7 Nov 2022 at 10:43, Thomas Zimmermann <tzimmermann at suse.de> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Am 07.11.22 um 10:30 schrieb Maxime Ripard:
> > Hi Thomas,

> >> Maybe we make this test optional? At least sprd decided to not support fbdev
> >> at all.
> >
> > I'm not sure we need to make that test optional, or at least, we should
> > run it all the time, but skip it if there's no fbdev emulation, and not
> > report it as a failure?
>
> Sure. I just meant that fbdev support shouldn't be a blocker. If there,
> it should work of course.

Not supporting fbdev looks more like an accident than intention here,
and maybe a good reason to have these kind of must-past lists.
Eventually, once the i915-ism is worked out of igt well enough for a
set of tests at least. The drm/ci effort should help in building up
that list (by essentially extracting the common set of tests that
everyone passes and graduating that to the must-pass list for kms
conformance or whatever we'll call it).
-Daniel

--
Daniel Vetter