Ongoing failure for "dim rebuild-tip"

Christian König christian.koenig at amd.com
Wed Jan 18 10:09:59 UTC 2023

Hi guys,

after analyzing this a bit more I think what happened that the patch
"drm/i915: improve the catch-all evict to handle lock contention" came
into drm-tip through both the drm-intel-gt-next and drm-intel-next tree.

It looks like this somehow worked for some people while it broke for me
(and a few other systems I have access to).

What I've did now is to fix this up as best as I could and then used
"dim rebuild-tip" to push the conflict resolution for this case.

Fingers crossed that I didn't messed it up.

Regards,
Christian.

Am 18.01.23 um 10:32 schrieb Christian König:
> Am 18.01.23 um 10:29 schrieb Thomas Zimmermann:
>> Hi
>>
>> Am 18.01.23 um 10:13 schrieb Christian König:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> for a couple of weeks now the command "dim rebuild-tip" fails for
>>> me. The error message is:
>>>
>>> Merging drm-intel/drm-intel-gt-next... Applying manual fixup patch
>>> for drm-tip merge... patching file
>>> drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/uc/intel_uc_fw.c