drm-misc migration to Gitlab server

Tvrtko Ursulin tursulin at ursulin.net
Mon Apr 1 16:49:48 UTC 2024

On 12/03/2024 13:56, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 09:49:25AM +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote:
>> ## Changing the default location repo
>>
>> Dim gets its repos list in the drm-rerere nightly.conf file. We will
>> need to change that file to match the gitlab repo, and drop the old cgit
>> URLs to avoid people pushing to the wrong place once the transition is
>> made.
>>
>> I guess the next merge window is a good time to do so, it's usually a
>> quiet time for us and a small disruption would be easier to handle. I'll
>> be off-duty during that time too, so I'll have time to handle any
>> complication.
>>
>> ## Updating the documentation
>>
>> The documentation currently mentions the old process to request a
>> drm-misc access. It will all go through Gitlab now, so it will change a
>> few things. We will also need to update and move the issue template to
>> the new repo to maintain consistency.
>>
>> I would expect the transition (if everything goes smoothly) to occur in
>> the merge-window time frame (11/03 -> 24/03).
>
> The transition just happened. The main drm-misc repo is now on gitlab,
> with the old cgit repo being setup as a mirror.
>
> If there's any issue accessing that gitlab repo, please let me know.

No issues accessing the repo just a slight confusion and how to handle
the workflow. More specifically, if I have a patch which wants to be
merged to drm-misc-next, is the mailing list based worklflow still the
way to go, or I should create a merge request, or I should apply for
commit access via some new method other than adding permissions to my
legacy fdo ssh account?

Regards,

Tvrtko