drm-misc migration to Gitlab server

Helen Koike helen.koike at collabora.com
Mon Apr 29 17:06:36 UTC 2024

On 01/04/2024 13:49, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:

> On 12/03/2024 13:56, Maxime Ripard wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 09:49:25AM +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote:
>>> ## Changing the default location repo
>>>
>>> Dim gets its repos list in the drm-rerere nightly.conf file. We will
>>> need to change that file to match the gitlab repo, and drop the old cgit
>>> URLs to avoid people pushing to the wrong place once the transition is
>>> made.
>>>
>>> I guess the next merge window is a good time to do so, it's usually a
>>> quiet time for us and a small disruption would be easier to handle. I'll
>>> be off-duty during that time too, so I'll have time to handle any
>>> complication.
>>>
>>> ## Updating the documentation
>>>
>>> The documentation currently mentions the old process to request a
>>> drm-misc access. It will all go through Gitlab now, so it will change a
>>> few things. We will also need to update and move the issue template to
>>> the new repo to maintain consistency.
>>>
>>> I would expect the transition (if everything goes smoothly) to occur in
>>> the merge-window time frame (11/03 -> 24/03).
>>
>> The transition just happened. The main drm-misc repo is now on gitlab,
>> with the old cgit repo being setup as a mirror.
>>
>> If there's any issue accessing that gitlab repo, please let me know.
>
> No issues accessing the repo just a slight confusion and how to handle
> the workflow. More specifically, if I have a patch which wants to be
> merged to drm-misc-next, is the mailing list based worklflow still the
> way to go, or I should create a merge request, or I should apply for
> commit access via some new method other than adding permissions to my
> legacy fdo ssh account?

I have this same question, I thought we would keep the workflow with dim
tool, but after I pointed drm-misc remote to gitlab, dim is not happy.

If I don't point drm-misc to gitlab, dim say it is outdated (but I'm
using the last top of the tree of maintainer-tools).

So I was wondering if dim requires changes or if the workflow changed.

Thanks,
Helen