Time for drm-ci-next?

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 18:51:37 UTC 2024

On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 10:47 AM Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 11:38:30AM +0300, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:

> > > This sounds more like you want an integration tree like drm-tip. Get msm
> > > branches integrated there, done. Backmerges just for integration testing
> > > are not a good idea indeed.

But AFAIU this doesn't help for pre-merge testing, ie. prior to a
patch landing in msm-next

My idea was to have a drm-ci-next managed similar to drm-misc-next, if
we have needed drm/ci patches we could push them to drm-ci-next, and
then merge that into the driver tree (along with a PR from drm-ci-next
to Dave).

BR,
-R