EGL_MESA_screen_surface version 6

Michel Danzer mdanzer at ati.com
Thu Apr 28 08:45:25 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 15:42 -0600, Brian Paul wrote:

>     EGLBoolean eglScreenPositionMESA(EGLDisplay dpy, EGLint screen_number,
>                                      EGLint x, EGLint y)
>
>     Specifies the origin of the screen's view into the surface, if the
>     surface is larger than the screen.  Valid values for x and y are
>     [0, surfaceWidth - screenWidth] and [0, surfaceHeight - screenHeight],
>     respectively.

What if the hardware doesn't support pixel accurate panning for the
screen/mode/surface combination? I'm not sure that's still common enough
to worry about (I don't think our hardware has any issues with that),
but I wanted to bring it up as a potential issue that could probably be
dealt with relatively easily.

--
Michel Danzer, Linux Software Engineering       \   Tel: +1 905-882-2600
ATI Technologies Inc., Markham, Ontario, Canada  \       Extension: 3550