pbuffers, mode setup, etc.

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Mon May 16 20:23:39 PDT 2005

On 5/16/05, Brian Paul <brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> A few things:
>
> I added code to the fb_egl.c file to support s/w-based pbuffers.  It's
> untested, but should likely work.  The code was simple thanks to the
> new renderbuffer stuff.
>
> The _eglConfigToContextModesRec() function can be used to convert an
> _EGLConfig object to a GLvisual/__GLcontextModes object.  I'm using
> that both for pbuffer and screen creation.
>
> I tried to remove all dependencies on the _EGLConfig->glmode field but
> I haven't removed it yet.  Jon, I think using the new
> adaptor/convertor function is cleaner.  Do you agree?

I spent five minutes on my version. Yours has to be better.

> Finally, the _eglFillInConfigs() routine in eglconfig.c looks a little
> too hardware-centric to me.  I think a better home for it would be a
> new driver utilities file.  Jon, what do you think?

Sounds fine to me. BTW that code had some bugs in it (I checked in a
fix) and I copied it from dri/common. I should see if common has the
same bugs.

> Oh, it looks like the eglQueryDisplayMESA() function got reintroduced.
>   I think we had determined that it wasn't needed a couple weeks ago.
>   I removed it from the last EGL_MESA_screen_surface spec.  Did you
> find a new reason for it, Jon?

I'm not using it. I think the body for it was still in eglapi.c and I
added it to the h file make the compiler stop complaining. Fine with
me to delete it again.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com