EGL_MESA_screen_surface version 9

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Sat May 21 06:37:15 PDT 2005

On 5/21/05, David Reveman <davidr at novell.com> wrote:
> Xgl doesn't assume the existence of a hardware cursor. Xgl works fine
> without a hardware cursor. Xglx is currently using a software cursor
> when the X server it's running on top of doesn't support ARGB cursors
> (XRenderCreateCursor).

But isn't the software cursor Xglx is using being implemented by the
underlying Xserver? Xgl itself does not have a software cursor
implementation, right?

Since I don't have support in the lower fbdev layers for a software
cursor I need to expose the hardware one. Xglx is different in that
the lower layers expose both a soft and hard cursor.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com