Xegl lives!

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Thu May 26 08:50:19 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 13:36 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:

> > > What OpenGL interfaces does OpenGL have that OpenGL-ES doesn't? is
> > > glitz targeted at OpenGL rather than OpenGL-ES, if I take a commerical
> > > OpenGL-ES implementation and add the screen setup stuff will it work?
> >
> > Turn your full OpenGL into OpenGL-ES with dogless.
> >

> but that is of no use, if I have opengl-es... my question (that Adam
> answered correctly) was wether I could run Xgl on a standard OpenGL-ES
> implementation like one for an ARM, to which the answer is no... we
> would need to target glitz at an opengl-es profile...

You should know that I've been aware of OpenGL-ES while designing glitz
and almost everything glitz is using is supported by OpenGL-ES, at least
the "common" profile, "common lite" will be a bit harder. It shouldn't
be very hard to get glitz running on top of the "common" profile. No
changes to the window-system independent glitz API will be needed, which
means minimal changes to Xgl.

-David