Question regarding HDMI Audio support on i.MX6 with vanilla kernel

Luís Mendes luis.p.mendes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 14:32:19 UTC 2017

Thanks for the replies!

Russell, the profile you sent me, did help, it was indeed missing. Now I
have Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output and Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output
besides the one I already had for this sound card (Analog Stereo Output).

Unfortunately I still get no sound on HDMI, neither on IEC958 optical
output, although the laser led lit up when I set the output to IEC958, but
no sound on neither outputs.

I have rechecked the kernel configuration of linux-4.14-rc5, but I don't
find anything wrong with it... I am testing with the Wandboard Quad Plus.

Regards,
Luís